How many times have you opened your closet, full of clothes, and thought “I have nothing to wear!” When trying to live with fewer clothes, this is a thought that has the potential to make you think that you can’t be fashionable as you are forced to stick with the basics. I hope to offer a little hope as often even with just the basics, the options are many if only you think creatively and use accessories to trick everyone into thinking you have on a completely different outfit when really it is only slightly different.
Below are 6 basic wardrobe pieces and 3 accessories worn in many different ways. These pictures are to illustrate how with a little creativity and the right basic pieces, your wardrobe can literally expand right before your eyes. You may think of even more options than I have!
1) dark jeans (by Guess)
2) black skirt (from Aritzia)
3) black dress (by BCBG, Max Azria)
4) black blazer (by Calvin Klein)
5) stripped 3/4 sleeve shirt (from Club Monaco)
6) lace tank top (from Aritzia)
1) brown skinny leather belt (from The Gap)
2) brown leather wrap around belt (by Stephanel)
3) silk and sequinned faux collar (by Stephanel)
A special thank you to my little sister for being such a fabulous model!
Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity